Friday, April 17, 2015

inspiration essay

Each person has someone who inspires them. It could be a movie star, singer, or family member.  Mine happens to be my dad.
Mike Noffke grew up in the big metropolis of Ewing, Nebraska.  He had one brother and two sisters. When he was growing up he was passionate about his grandpa, Frank Noffke, because he loved to fish with him.  He had a lot of exciting adventures with his younger brother Tom. They would go down to the South Fork River and fish. They would also go hunting and played all kinds of sports.  Tom’s life ended tragically when he was killed in a car wreak. Tom was  going home from a softball practice and died when the car he was in ran off the road and hit a tree. That made my dad and his family very sad.  Dad still misses his brother Tom. He has lots of pictures of him that he has shown me.
My dad still loves to fish and hunt. We do it together on some weekends. He usually takes me fishing at different lakes and rivers. Sometimes we just get in his car and drive. We usually just throw the fish back in the water when we are done.
My dad’s first job when he was 15 or 16 years old was detasseling  corn. He would get up early in the morning and walk the corn fields with his friends.  The work was hard and the corn was tall.  His second job was at Carhart Lumber Yard. His third  job was at  Holz Lumber Yard in O’Neill . Fourth he worked at a tractor supply place in Bay City, Texas. Today he work for Krotter’s here in O’Neill.

My dad inspires me because he work’s hard and he’s fun to be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment